Monday 19 December 2011

Croydon's Burning - Paintings by me!


Croydon's Burning - 1
First stage of one of my paintings showing the chaos of the Croydon riots.




Croydon's Burning - 1

End result of painting, it show's a street cut off in the north end of Croydon and several burning buildings, the fire engines were unable to get the fire under control. 




My studio space at Chelsea.

The 'Burning Bus' painting on the left is the first in a series of paintings which show scenes, photographed by me, while watching news reports about the riots. I use the photographs as a start point for my paintings. 'Burning Bus' has had numerous changes, I have made another 6 paintings since I started it, however I continue to return to this piece of work as it troubles me, I don't think it is really working, it maybe that the problem is the composition.....
'Burning Bus' is destined to change again soon!